Friday, April 10, 2009

Fabulous News!

I am excited to announce that my drawing 
"The Long Necked Whippet" 
has won Best In Show 
at the AWC National Whippet Specialty art show!
Thank you to Wendy and Nick Jones of Chelynnah Whippets and their special whippet Teya (Aphrael Caolilinn of Chelynnah).

In addition, my watercolor 
"Sleeping Velvet" has won second place 
in the watercolor category at the same show! 
Thank you to Corinne and her special whippet Velvet. 

Special thanks to my long-time friend Susan Nichols of The Hounds of Lightfall.  Not only did she tell me about the show and support my application, but she and her friends transported my art safely from upstate New York all the way to the show in Atlanta, GA!  She also was the one to call me to announce this wonderful news.  Thank you so much Sue. 

Thank you to my family and friends who constantly cheer me on. Mom & Dad, Linda Collins: You are all that keep me going sometimes.  

Thank you to the American Whippet Club National Specialty Show for hosting the show, and to the judges.

4 comments:

Chelynnah said...

I'm so thrilled Karen! Thank you so much for an absolutely breathtaking portrait of our girl.

Wendy & Nick

Corinne said...

Karen,

A very big congratulations are in order!
Great work, and by the way....this is incredibly BEAUTIFUL!

I LOVE your paintings, and I am so looking forward to seeing more!

Corinne
Velvet sends you her love... XOXO

Melanie said...

Gorgeous works, Karen! Congrats on winning!! :) Keep up the good work.

Fada Moranga said...

Hello Karen!
Congratulations on your Velvet watercolour! It's sooo beautiful! Velvet and Corinne have also inspired me, a lot! :-)
I wish all the best!
Moranga*